Cosmetic surgery in India is now getting adopted by the number of people, especially actors, to look younger and more beautiful. Time has gone when one has to go abroad for plastic surgery. With the best cosmetic surgeons now available in India, people can look for nose, lips, or full-face surgery. Now the question arises what precisely cosmetic surgery means? A surgical operation, clinically known as Rhytidectomy, which is performed to remove the destructed or lousy skin of the face and replace it with brighter and healthy skin. Other than the accidental cases where surgery is done to recover the damaged face, facelifting is performed to re-modulate facial skin to make a person more attractive and beautiful than before. With the time when skin loses its elasticity, the tone of facial muscles also reduces. This aging factor results in a reduction of facial fat, and the fat appears as wrinkles on the skin. Here now, where facelifting comes into action. In the surgery, the excess skin is removed to make the person younger and brighter.
Cosmetic Surgery cost in India can vary between $2000 and $2800
Facelifting is such a broad term, and hence, it covers several surgical operations under it:
● Lower facelift and lower neck lift
● Upper facelift
● Full facelift
● Classic neck lift
● Lower face and neck lift
● Suture neck lift
Lower facelift and lower neck lift: As the name suggests, the lower face is recovered in this surgical operation. The lower third face is operated, and along with this, the focus on neck lift is done to cover up the difference of face and neck.
Upper facelift: The top half of the face-covering from the cheeks to the jaws is treated under this procedure. The formation of fats below the cheeks disappears the jawline of the face, and this makes a face look terrible. Treating to give a proper jawline makes the shape of the face appropriate.
Full facelift: When the demand is to tighten the skin of the whole face, this surgical operation is performed. The neck is also taken into consideration, so that face and neck match up at the end of surgery.
S-lift: This treatment is offered when the skin around jawline and upper half of the neck becomes crumpled.
Classic necklift: his surgical operation is performed to treat slumped neck and thus gives a beautiful shape to the neck.
Lower face and neck lift: Beautify your lower face and neck with this surgery.
Suture neck lift: To give a beautiful contour to the neck, collagen strips from cow tissue is used to suspend the crumpled skin of the neck. The remains are replaced by human tissue.
A two to four-hour long-lasting facelift surgical operation is completed into the following steps:
1. Anesthesia: A local anesthesia, along with mild sedatives, are given to the patient before the surgery. This will not cause any discomfort to the patient during the operation.
2. Incision: The surgery starts by incising the skin from the hairline following the side of the earlobe to the bottom of the hairline. After that, fats and muscles are separated behind the surface. At times, fat is suctioned off to give a definite shape to the face. To provide
contour to the neck, superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS- a mass of tissue) is pulled over the jaw to tighten the skin. This step redefines the jawline.
3. Closing the incision: After performing the required changes in the facial skin, the skin is wrapped over to the face. The excess skin is removed by trimming or laser or using a knife. Sutures are used to close the incision. Skin glue is also used in some instances. The stitches remain invisible as they undergo the hairline. The face and neck are wrapped with bandages after the surgery for a few days.
As stated earlier, the top budget of surgeries restricts several people from it. Here we are noting the main factors which contribute to the pricing of cosmetic surgeries:
● Surgical operation/facelifting
● Hospital & its facilities
● Doctors- Surgeon, Anesthetist, and Dietician
● Diagnostic tests
● OT/ICU and various facility charges
There are sporadic chances of developing scars after the surgery. But if formed, they will be minute ones and that too under the hairline
The patient can be discharged after a few hours of the surgery, once the effect of sedatives goes away. The face and neck will be wrapped under bandages for a few days.
Extra strength Tylenol will be beneficial to recover from the pain associated with the surgery. To suppress the swelling, a one-time steroid injection is given during the surgery.
Generally, no hard complications are associated with cosmetic surgeries. The chances of occurring neurological dysfunction, asymmetry, infection, bleeding, and swelling are scarce and can be controlled easily.
No, the pain remains for a few days, but it can be easily managed with painkillers.
This will increase the healing process of the skin. Therefore, it is advisable to stop smoking at least a week before the surgery.