A nose in good shape always serves as a highlighted feature of a person's face. But when the shape of the nose is distorted by birth or is damaged due to any injury or accident, it creates a sense of insecurity in the person regarding their looks. But kudos to the modern revolution in technology, people no longer have to endure the sense of uncertainty due to their facial features. The nose recorrection surgery is known as Rhinoplasty and has become a standard procedure in India.
It is the procedure of restructuring the nose with the help of surgical procedure to enhance the functional or aesthetic improvement. It is done by giving the nose a smaller or a bigger shape, or altering the shape by cartilage rearrangement or bone removal. As compared to the developed countries, India provides excellent medical facilities at an affordable rate. It has become the basis of attracting foreign patients as well.
If a person is planning to get the Rhinoplasty surgery done in India, they must be diagnosed with the following complications:
● Cosmetic appearance: A deformed nose can significantly lower the confidence of a person. Thus, there are a large number of people ranging from actors, models to ordinary people who opt for Rhinoplasty surgery in India. The cosmetic correction procedure includes removing the dorsal hump, providing a round trip to a full nose or correcting the nasal asymmetry.
● Obstructive airways: This is one of the most common problems where breathing becomes difficult due to nasal blockages. Rhinoplasty can effectively correct it.
● Congenital nose deformities and defects: Rhinoplasty surgery can correct vascular malfunction and congenital disabilities like cleft lip and cleft palate.
● Nasal fracture and burns due to accident or trauma can be treated by Rhinoplasty surgery
Best Rhinoplasty Surgery cost in India can vary between 2500 and 3500 USD.
Based on the requirement of the patient, nose surgery can be of four different types:
● Closed rhinoplasty- it is one of the most commonly used procedures where no scars are made in the external region. The changes are made by lifting the soft tissue upward. There is very little nasal irritation associated with this method.
● Open rhinoplasty- usually, this method is preferred for those patients who need to make any changes to the nasal features. It is very useful in genetic deformities, collapsed valves etc.
● Filler rhinoplasty- here, fillers are injected to correct minor deformities of the nose. This technique is not very commonly used.
● Revision rhinoplasty- this procedure is usually performed as a follow-up to primary nose surgery. It is done when the initial procedure did not yield satisfactory results.
Rhinoplasty Surgery has three phases:
● During Surgery
Pre-Surgery: The visit to the doctor helps to analyze the underlying condition requiring Rhinoplasty. It is then followed by examination including X-rays. After this, the physician discusses the possibility of the changes that the surgery can do. Once the evaluation is done, and the patient is declared fit to undergo the surgical procedure, they are advised to avoid certain drugs and abstain from smoking.
During Surgery: General anesthesia is commonly used for Rhinoplasty, as the incision is made only in the nasal area. After the nasal structure is exposed, the cartilage and bones are rearranged. Grafting is done as required, and if the patient desires a narrow nose, the bones are pushed in. The incision is sealed with excellent stitches and splint is placed to provide protection
and support for a few days.
Post-Surgery: There are several medications that will be prescribed after Rhinoplasty like antibiotics, painkillers, or steroids to fasten the healing process. The patient is advised to rest with head held high to reduce the swelling and avoid bleeding. Slight mucus and blood drainage is commonly accompanied with blackish-blue discoloration of the skin around the incised area.
Complications Associated with the Surgery:
Although Rhinoplasty is a relatively safe surgical procedure, complications can arise like:
● Abscess formation due to infection
● Frequent nose bleeds
● Septal perforation or unsupported nasal septum can lead to deformation of the nose
● Excess removal of the cartilage can also mar the shape of the nose
● The constant feeling of numbness around the operated area
● Some scars can obstruct the air passage requiring another surgery to correct it
After getting an insight into what the overall procedure will look like, the main concern that arises is the cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery in India. The Nose Plastic Surgery cost in India will depend upon the following factors:
● The hospital chosen by the patient for treatment
● The type of room services they are availing in the hospital
● Expenses of the operation theater and ICU
● The cost incurred in the form of fees paid to the medical team of Surgeon, Anesthetist, and Dietician. The best Rhinoplasty surgeon will have higher charges.
● Cost of various diagnosis and tests
● Fees for the follow-up treatment
All these factors govern the cost of Nose Plastic Surgery in India.
Yes, the thickness of the skin around the nose can limit the chances of Rhinoplasty surgery as it is difficult to shrink and adapt to the changes.
The duration of the surgery may vary, but it takes approximately 1 to 3 hours.
Some common side effects are likely to be observed, such as the blocked and stuffy nose, loss of sensation in the area around the nose, swelling, and slight bleeding for 2-3 days.